Shopping blunders are common during gift-giving season. Luckily, Amazon has a simple cancellation process so that you can shop with peace of mind.
A step-by-step guide to cancelling your order
- Sign in to your Amazon Australia account.
- Go to ‘Your Orders’ to view all your order details.
- Choose the order you wish to cancel and go to ‘Order Details’.
- If the order can be cancelled, you’ll see a ‘Cancel Items’ button. You’ll then be prompted to provide your reason for cancellation, if you wish. If you can’t see the ‘Cancel Items’ button, it means the dispatch process has started, in which case you can choose to return or replace your item after it has been delivered.
- Click on ‘Cancel Checked Items’. Once your item has been successfully cancelled, you’ll receive confirmation by email. In the case of pre-paid items, a refund will also be initiated.
For orders sold and fulfilled by a third-party seller
Once an order is placed, you have 30 minutes to cancel it. However, you can still request to cancel it after the 30 minutes by doing the following:
- Click the 'Contact Seller’ button.
- Select ‘Cancellation Request’ from the drop-down menu. Note that if the order has already entered the dispatch process, this option won't be available.
- After submitting the cancellation, you’ll get a confirmation message to the email address on your account.
If your order was sold and fulfilled by a third-party seller and can't be modified, please contact the seller for instructions. For more information on how to contact the seller, go to Contact Marketplace Sellers.
You can confirm that the order was cancelled by visiting Your Orders. If you see the order in the ‘Cancelled Orders’ section, it was successfully cancelled.
For orders sold and fulfilled by Amazon AU, or sold by a third-party seller and fulfilled by Amazon AU
If your order was sold and fulfilled by Amazon AU, or sold by a third-party seller and fulfilled by Amazon AU, and can't be modified, you can refuse the parcel at the time of delivery or return the item later using our Returns Support Centre in exchange for a refund or replacement.
There you go—now you can confidently navigate order cancellations on Amazon Australia.
Related reading: How to buy—and receive—the right gifts this holiday season