Amazon’s annual Prime Day event is back this year giving Prime members access to huge savings during the world’s longest Prime Day. Mark your calendar, then keep reading to learn more about what you can expect during this year’s event!
What time does Prime Day start?
The massive shopping event will kick off at 12AM AEST 12 July, with local deals running for 48 hours until 11:59PM AEST on 13 July. Deals from the UK and US will be available on Amazon.com.au through Amazon Global Store until 5pm AEST on 14 July, giving Australian Prime members access to a massive 65 hours of deals.
What countries are participating in Prime Day?
Prime Day deals are available to Prime members in Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, the UK, the U.S., and for the first time ever in Poland and Sweden. Later this summer, Prime Day deals events will be held in India, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates, as well as in Egypt for the first time.
What brands can you expect to find among this year’s Prime Day deals?
This year, Prime Day will offer Prime members epic savings with more deals than ever before across more than one hundred thousand products from both big brands and small local businesses, including Apple, Barbie, Bosch, Bose, Garmin, GHD, Instant Pot, Lego, Lenovo, North Face, Nintendo, Oculus and Samsung. Small and medium local businesses will also feature items in the shopping event including Orbitkey (based in Melbourne), Nakie (based in Brisbane) and the Doggie Balm Co (based in regional Victoria). Deals will launch across all categories including electronics, homewares, video games, Amazon devices, pantry food and drink, toys, sports equipment, fashion, beauty and more.
Are there early deals available before Prime Day?
Customers don’t have to wait to save this Prime Day. Early deals and new, member-only offerings starting soon. Here’s a preview of some of those deals:
- Prime Video – Prime members and Amazon customers in Australia can rent select popular movies for $2.99 or less on the Prime Video Store from 12.01AM AEST on 30 June until 11.59PM AEST on 13 July. Prime members who are not currently subscribed can add select channels for $0.99 per month for two months from 12.01AM AEST on 05 July until 11.59PM AEST on 13 July. Restrictions apply.
- Kindle Unlimited - Eligible Prime members can enjoy a three-month free trial of Kindle Unlimited, accessing millions of titles on any device from 00.01AM AEST on 21 June until 11.59PM AEST on 13 July. Kindle Unlimited deal terms and conditions apply, $13.99/month after 3 months. Cancel anytime.
- Amazon Music Unlimited: Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months free – with 90 million songs ad-free and in HD, plus millions of podcast episodes. This offer is available starting June 21 and ending July 13. Renews at $11.99 per month after four months.
- Audible - From 08:01 AEST 21 June to 11:59PM AEST 28 July, new members of Audible in Australia or New Zealand who sign up for an Audible membership can try Audible for $0.99c for three months, and discover thousands of audiobooks, Audible Originals, and exclusive podcasts. New members only. $16.45/month after three months. Cancel anytime.
- Amazon Devices - 20% off RRP on Echo Show 15, live from 12:01AM AEST 05 July until 23:59 AEST 13 July.
How can I prepare for Prime Day?
It’s easier than ever to prepare for Prime Day with features designed to help members make the most of their shopping ahead of time.
- Become an Amazon Prime member: Prime offers the best of shopping, savings, and entertainment. New customers in Australia can join Prime at amazon.com.au/prime with Amazon’s 30-day free trial, and then pay AU$6.99 per month, or save 30 per cent with an annual membership at AU$59. Learn more at amazon.com.au/prime.
- Download the app: Customers can browse, search and shop millions of items from their fingertips, track their orders real-time, and even get alerts when their saved items go on sale by using the Amazon app.
- Amazon Wishlist: Customers can create an Amazon Wishlist to help them map out what they need. They can also turn on deal notifications to be notified if a product from their Wishlist goes on deal.
- Shop with Alexa: Add to your shopping list, ask for product recommendations, and track your delivery, all by asking Alexa. Plus, to shop deals just say, “Alexa, what are my deals?”
- Create deal alerts for personalized recommendations: Prime members can subscribe to receive deal alert notifications related to their recent Amazon searches and recently viewed items. All they have to do is visit the Prime Day event page on the Amazon app between now until Prime Day to create deal alerts. Once Prime Day arrives, members will receive push notifications on any available deals.
- Set a reminder: Prime members can tell their Alexa devices, “Remind me when Prime Day starts,” to be alerted when the two-day deals event begins.
How can I support small businesses?
This year we’re putting small and medium local businesses front and centre.
The ‘Shop Local Businesses’ store features curated collections to connect customers with Australian businesses including Little Archer & Co. from Sunshine Coast, Queensland, that creates quality baby and toddler products.
“Prime Day was massive for us last year and we are excited to once again offer Prime members some of our best deals of the year with the free and fast delivery that comes with Prime,” said Denise Billsborough from Little Archer & Co. “We know that Aussies want to shop local and Prime Day is the perfect opportunity to do so.”
What is Prime?
Prime offers the best of shopping, savings, and entertainment to more than 200 million paid members around the world. In Australia, that includes Free delivery on millions of local and international items; Prime Video, which gives you access to exclusive and award-winning Prime Original series and other popular movies and TV shows; Amazon Music Prime, which gives you access to 2 million songs, thousands of stations and top playlists; Prime Reading, which gives you access to a selection of over 1,000 e-books; video game benefits with Prime Gaming; exclusive Prime member deals; access to Prime Day and more. New customers in Australia can join Prime at amazon.com.au/prime with Amazon’s 30-day free trial, and then pay AU$6.99 a month and cancel anytime.
How do you sign up for an Prime membership?
You can join Prime or start a free trial at Amazon Prime.
How does Prime delivery work?
Free delivery of eligible Prime Day orders in as fast as two days is made possible thanks to Amazon’s operations network. Since last Prime Day Amazon Australia has significantly invested in and expanded its operations network to enable a seamless, faster, and reliable shopping experience for customers across the country. In addition to investing in its fulfilment network, the company has created more than 1,100 permanent jobs at its operations sites across the country in the last year, offering the opportunity to work in safe and supportive environment with exciting career opportunities, competitive pay, and benefits such as paid parental leave and highly subsidised health insurance. To provide additional support for its team over mid-year sales and Prime Day, Amazon announced plans to onboard around 1,000 seasonal workers across its network around the country.
Amazon Australia has more than doubled its operational footprint in 2022 with the launch of its first robotics fulfilment centre earlier this year. The new site will support many of the small and medium size Australian businesses who use Fulfilment by Amazon to seamlessly service customers around Australia. With this expansion, the company now has storage space across six fulfilment centres, doubling its capacity for small to medium sized items, such as consumer electronics, books, toys, cosmetics and pantry items.