Whether it’s the hottest toy of the season, a pair of socks, or last-minute decorations for a party, customers know that their Amazon order will be at their doorstep when they need it – and this holiday season is no different.
Through our dedicated employees and partners, innovative technology, and interconnected operations, transportation and logistics network, we’re working to meet our customers’ needs for the holidays ahead.
Thanks to our six fulfilment centres, ten logistics sites and a sort centre and the people behind them, we’re prepared to deliver this holiday season so customers can get what they want, when, and how they want it.
Here’s how we’re doing it:
- Hiring More People: This year, we’re onboarding more than 2,000 seasonal workers nationwide across our fulfilment centres and logistics sites to provide additional support over the holiday season. These opportunities are in addition to 1,250 permanent jobs created across our operations sites this year. Our employees receive competitive benefits, as well as ongoing opportunities for career growth within the company.
- Increasing Product Selection: Amazon.com.au is now home to more than 200 million products across 31 different categories. In 2022, we added home-grown brands like Koala and Grown Alchemist; and well known international brands such as Weber, Pokemon, Scanpan and Hoover to the site for Aussies to shop this holiday season.
- Providing Gifting Inspiration: To help inspire customers and showcase some of the great value deals available across the holiday season, we’ve launched the Christmas Store. Whether you’re after gifts for family, friends or colleagues, we’ll help you find the perfect present for everyone. For the little ones, you can also check out Top 100 Holiday Toy List, having received the official tick of approval from Amazon’s Playmakers, ten children from the Starlight Children’s Foundation who have been appointed official toy testers.
- Offering Faster Delivery Speeds: We reached a major delivery milestone in Australia this year, launching Prime Free One-Day Delivery. Prime members in the majority of postcodes in Sydney and Melbourne can now enjoy FREE one-day delivery on hundreds of thousands of eligible products with no minimum spend required.
- Providing Alternate Delivery Methods: We also know some Aussies would rather pick up a package than have it delivered to their home – especially with holiday travels ahead. This year, we’ve expanded our parcel pick up network of Lockers and Counters adding more than 100 new locations around Australia. Providing more choice and control, customers can now choose to have their orders delivered to one of more than 900 Amazon Lockers and Counters, located in cities and towns around Australia including Cairns in Queensland, Riverside in Tasmania and Karrinyup in Western Australia.
- Expanding Return Windows: Ensuring customers can shop with confidence this festive season, we have extended our returns window for the holiday season with most items purchased between November 1 and December 31, 2022 able to be returned until January 31, 2023.
Lastly, for people who are interested in seeing how we make magic happen for customers, we recently welcomed virtual Amazon Tours of our Australian fulfilment centres (FCs). Visitors can go behind the scenes of our Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane FCs andfollow the path of products as they move through our Fulfilment Centres. Visitors also will get an up-close look at the innovative technology and people at the centre of delivering smiles to customers.
“I’ve been leading the virtual tours program since it launched in Australia in August this year. As someone who grew up nearby the Kemps Creek Robotics FC, I’ve loved being able to show people the heart of our operations as well as the people and technology that make it all possible – right here in my neighbourhood.”
We’re proud to provide our employees with great pay, great benefits, and a safe work environment. We’re looking forward to a great 2022 holiday season and we’re excited and ready to deliver for our customers.