Ahead of Prime Day, Amazon Australia is teaming up with five businesses featured in our Shop Local store to share tips and tricks based on their areas of expertise. To share the love, we’re giving away FIVE hampers full of goodies from our Shop Local businesses, Little Archer & Co., Meluka Australia, Song Saga, BIGSOFTI and UpFlow Brewing Co. plus a $100 Amazon Australia gift card. Check out our Facebook and Instagram at @AmazonAustralia to enter.
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid.
2. Entry is open to residents of Australia who are 18 years and over. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, its agencies and third parties associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
3. The competition commences at 09.01 AEST on 07/06/21 and closes at 23.59 AEST on 23/06/21 (“Promotional Period”). Entries received after 23.59 AEST on 23/06/21 will not be accepted.
4. To enter, during the Promotional Period:
a. visit Amazon Australia’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/AmazonAustralia OR Instagram page at https://www.instagram.com/amazonaustralia/ and access competition post for this Promotion; and
b. Comment on the relevant competition post, published at 12.00 AEST on 07/06/21, and answer the following question in 25 words or less: Tell us the number one thing on your Prime Day wishlist and why.
5. Multiple entries per person are permitted during the Promotional Period.
6. This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winners. All entries will be judged individually on their merits based on creativity. The best five (5) entries, as determined by the judges, will each receive a prize.
7. Judging will take place at 09.00 AEST on 24/06/21 at 121 Harrington St, Sydney, 2000. Entries will be judged by one or more judges appointed by the Promoter.
8. Prize consists of hamper of products from Shop Local businesses, including Song Saga, Meluka Australia Honey, Little Archer & Co., BIGSOFTI and Upflow plus a $100 Amazon.com.au Gift Card. Total RRP value of each prize = up to $300. Total prize pool RRP = up to $1,500. All taxes (excluding GST) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving a prize are the sole responsibility of the winners.
9. Prizes will be delivered to winners within one month of the winner being notified subject to any delivery or processing delays. Winners will be notified of any delay.
10. The winners will be notified by Facebook Private Message or Instagram Direct Message on or by 28/06/21. Winner must accept the prize by Facebook Private Message or Instagram Direct Message no later than 23.59 AEST on 05/07/21 in order to accept the prize.
11. If any prize remains unclaimed in accordance with clause 10 or is otherwise forfeited despite the Promoter making all reasonable efforts to notify the winner, the Promoter may deem any winner as ineligible to receive the prize. In that event, the Promoter will withdraw the prize unawarded.
12. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. The judges’ decision is final and binding - no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
14. Subject to clause 13, and to the extent permitted by law, the Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
a. any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner as a result of the winner accepting and/or using a prize, except for any loss, damage or injury which is due to the negligence, fraud or wilful misconduct of the Promoter; or
b. any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury in connection with the conduct of the promotion arising out of:
i. technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches, technical website malfunctions or glitches; or
ii. acts or omissions (including negligent acts of omissions) of the Promoter's servants or agents involved in the conduct of this promotion.
In the event of such problems or conduct, the Promoter may (subject to relevant state and territory lottery regulations and where necessary with the approval of the relevant lottery authority) modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the promotion.
15. Amazon.com.au Gift Cards ("Gift Cards") are issued by Amazon Commercial Services Pty Ltd., an Australian Proprietary Limited Company. Gift Cards carry no fees and do not expire. Redeemable only for eligible items on Amazon.com.au. Other restrictions apply. Please visit Amazon.com.au Gift Card Terms and Conditions and Amazon.com.au Gift Card restrictions for full terms and conditions.
16. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner as a result of the conduct of the third party suppliers or otherwise as a result of the winner accepting and/or using a prize, except for any loss, damage or injury which is due to the negligence or wilful misconduct of the Promoter or which otherwise cannot be excluded by law.
17. If any prize or any element of a prize becomes unavailable or is otherwise unable to be provided, the Promoter may substitute a prize or element of a prize of equal or greater value at the Promoter’s sole discretion, subject to any written directions from the relevant authorities. Winners will not be entitled to any additional compensation in the event that the prize or element of a prize has been substituted at equal or greater value.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address and any other information from entrants relevant to entry into or participation in this promotion. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or is otherwise involved in any conduct that involves manipulating, interfering or tampering with this promotion or otherwise preventing the conduct of the promotion as intended by the Promoter. In the event of such problems or conduct, then the Promoter may modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the promotion.
19. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of transmission if all mandatory fields are completed. Any dispute relating to whether entries have been received or not will be determined by the Promoter, whose decision is final. Any entry that contains content that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be incomplete, inaccurate, underage, erroneous, ineligible, offensive, misleading, inappropriate or incomprehensible will be deemed invalid, as well as any entry that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity.
20. Entrants consent to the Promoter publishing their name and/or associated entry on the Promoter's website and associated social media pages including Facebook and Instagram.
21. Any questions or comments regarding the Promotion must be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook or Instagram. Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
22. Entrants confirm and promise that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. Further, entrants agree that the Promoter has an unrestricted, irrevocable, transferable, royalty free right and licence to use, reproduce, communicate and modify their entry for the purposes of the Promoter’s business without the payment of any further fee or compensation. The entrant agrees to sign any further documentation reasonably required by the Promoter to give effect to this arrangement as a precondition to being awarded their prize. To the extent permitted by law, entrants unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any moral rights in their entry. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, image, entry, and/or voice in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
24. The Promoter is Amazon Commercial Services Pty Limited (ABN 30 616 935 623) of Level 37, 2 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia.