Prime began in the US with a revolutionary premise - to deliver 1 million items fast and free directly to your doorstep. Since the launch of Prime in Australia in 2018 we have invested and innovated in our fulfilment and transportation networks, logistics, supply chain, and software to meaningfully expand the selection and speed with which we could deliver items to customers. Today, Prime is much more expansive and much faster. Prime now brings the best of shopping, saving and entertainment to members, including One-Day delivery on a huge range of eligible items in select postcodes in Melbourne and Sydney, exclusive Prime member discounts and access to Prime member deal events like Prime Day and Prime Big Deal Days, streaming of popular movies and shows, and access to 100 million songs ad-free in shuffle mode on Amazon Music, amongst the range of other benefits.
One of the Prime benefits that we continue investing heavily in is Prime Video, which has expanded to offer hit movies, great shows and award-winning Amazon Originals all in a single destination. Prime Video offers a vast selection of movies and series, including Amazon Originals. Amazon MGM Studios earned 68 Primetime Emmy Award nominations this year, marking the Studio’s biggest year ever, with critically acclaimed and fan-favourite series The Marvelous Mrs Maisel becoming the most Emmy-nominated streaming comedy ever with 80 nominations over its five-season run.
To continue investing in compelling content and keep increasing that investment over a long period of time, starting in 2024, Prime Video shows and movies will include limited advertisements in Australia. We aim to have meaningfully fewer ads than linear TV and other streaming TV providers. No action is required for Australian Prime members. We’re not making changes in 2024 to the current price of Prime membership. We will also offer a new ad-free option and will share the price of that option at a later date. We will email Prime members several weeks before ads are introduced into Prime Video with information on how to sign up for the ad-free option if they would like.
Prime is very compelling value. Prime members enjoy a wide range of shopping, savings, and entertainment benefits, including:
- FREE One-Day Delivery on eligible items in select postcodes in Sydney and Melbourne.
- FREE Expedited delivery in as fast as 2 days on Prime eligible items sold or shipped by Amazon AU to eligible Prime members.
- FREE International Expedited Delivery on Prime eligible international orders sold through the Amazon Global Store when you shop from Amazon.com.au.
- Access to exclusive and broad streaming video content including Amazon Originals like The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, The Boys, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Citadel, The Wheel of Time, Reacher, The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart, Deadloch, The Test S1-2, Luxe Listings Sydney S1-3 and The Summer I Turned Pretty, as well as blockbuster movies such as Air, Creed III, and the upcoming Candy Cane Lane with Eddie Murphy.
- Access to Prime Video Channels, which provides an unmatched selection of subscription channels like Paramount+, hayu, BritBox, MGM, AMC+, Lionsgate+, and DocPlay —with no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Customers only pay for the ones they want, and can cancel anytime.
- Exclusive access to a selection of Prime member only shopping deals and events on amazon.com.au.
- Prime Early Access: Get 30-minutes early access to Prime eligible Lightning Deals on amazon.com.au.
- Alexa Voice Shopping: Order or reorder Prime-eligible items, sold or shipped by Amazon AU and available for delivery to your area, by voice from your Alexa device.
- Amazon Music: Stream all the music you love plus top podcasts, ad-free.
- Prime Gaming: Enjoy a selection of free games every month and a Twitch Channel Subscription.
- Prime Reading: which gives you access to a selection of over 1,000 e-books, magazines and more
- Subscribe & Save: Get 15% off the standard price for eligible baby items when you set up regular scheduled deliveries with Subscribe & Save.
Since we launched Prime in 2018, we’ve continued to improve the program and add to the list of benefits our members enjoy. You can expect us to continue to add benefits and features over time.
* Live event content such as sports will continue to include advertising.