Amazon.com.au offers a wide selection of products across categories including Fashion, Home, Beauty, Toys, Electronics, Amazon Devices, and many others, but there's even more offered to make each shopping experience unique and fulfilling.
Customers can support small businesses, save on regular purchases, and so much more when they shop on Amazon.com.au. Here are some of our tips to get the most out of every shop.
1Sign up for Amazon Prime
Prime offers shopping, savings, and entertainment benefits to more than 200 million paid members around the world. In Australia, that includes:
- Free delivery on millions of eligible items
- FREE One-Day Delivery on eligible items sold or shipped by Amazon AU in select areas of Melbourne and Sydney.
- Prime Video, which gives you access to exclusive and award-winning Prime Original series and other popular movies and TV shows.
- Amazon Music Prime, which gives you access to 100 million songs ad-free, thousands of stations and top playlists.
- Prime Reading, which gives you access to a selection of over a thousand e-books, short works, comics, children’s books and more that you can read on any device.
- Prime Gaming, which gives you a selection of free games every month plus other perks; exclusive early access to select deals; and more.
New customers in Australia can join Prime at amazon.com.au/prime with Amazon’s 30-day free trial, and then pay $9.99/month or $79/year and cancel anytime.
2Enlist a Guide
If you need a little extra inspiration this season, checking out the holiday gift guides is a great way to find the perfect present for everyone on your list. Amazon.com.au’s Christmas Store gift guides make it fun and easier than ever to shop and save across categories.
- Toys: Our Toy Gift Guide is filled with some of the most sought-after family-friendly items. Take the guesswork out of gifting and shop by age, character, brand, and category. In addition, Amazon Playmakers Top 100 Holiday Toy List is back, and perfect for those who want to quickly and conveniently shop from the best-of-the-best toys and games, tested and reviewed by the Amazon Playmakers.
- Electronics: Find great gifts for every techie with our one-stop electronics shop —whether that’s home entertainment, laptops, mobiles, headphones, smartwatches, and more.
- Home & Kitchen: Discover the perfect gifts for the home from home décor and kitchen appliances, to smart home, home improvement and dining products.
- Entertainment: The Entertainment Gift Guide is the perfect destination to find gifts to help you relax, play or learn during the holidays, from books, movies and TV shows to music and gaming ideas.
- Beauty: The Beauty Gift Guide has everything you need to treat yourself or a loved one, from beauty appliances and gift sets to fragrances, skin care, hair care and cosmetics.
- Fashion: A one-stop destination for head-to-toe style. Here you can find activewear, shoes, accessories, jewellery, watches, handbags, and sunglasses for any occasion, any style, and any budget.
- Small Businesses: Shop giftable products from small businesses in our Small Business Gift Guide that covers everything from beauty, pets, electronics, and home items, to fashion and kitchen products.
- Stocking Fillers: Shop an assortment of giftable items for any occasion throughout the holiday season. This guide pulls together a wide selection of must-have toys, sweets, gadgets and beauty products.
3Support small businesses on Amazon.com.au
There are a number of ways you can support small businesses throughout the holidays and the year:
4Shop on the Amazon app
Customers can enjoy a 360-degree view of products, real-time tracking and delivery updates, and even get alerts when their saved items go on sale by using the Amazon smartphone app.
5Shop with Alexa
Customers can add to shopping lists, ask for product recommendations, and track deliveries, all by asking Alexa. To shop the latest deals, simply ask, "Alexa, what are my deals?"
6Give back while you shop
In partnership with Starlight Children’s Foundation, Amazon Australia has released its annual Top 100 Holiday Toy List.
To spread the holiday cheer, this November the Playmakers banded together with Home and Away star Johnny Ruffo to feature in a music video, recording a cover of a Christmas classic to help spread cheer and raise additional funds for Starlight Children’s Foundation.
7Choice and control over deliveries
Amazon's network of Lockers and Counters around Australia provide customers with choice and control. You can now choose to have your orders delivered to one of more than 900 Amazon Lockers and Counters nationally, located in cities and towns around Australia including Cairns in Queensland, Riverside in Tasmania and Karrinyup in Western Australia. They're located at convenient locations including shopping centres, banks, petrol stations and newsagents, providing customers with a safe and secure alternative delivery location.
8Subscribe to save more money on Amazon.com.au
Use Subscribe and Save for savings on repeat purchases, including everything from everyday essentials for the home to pet supplies and other products you'll need throughout the year.
9Discover bestsellers and top-trending items on Amazon.com.au
Shop Amazon Best Sellers to find products that are popular and trending with customers, or check out the #FoundItOnAmazon and #AmazonAustralia hashtags on Instagram to see what influencers and customers are purchasing on Amazon. You can also explore the Movers and Shakers page to see trending products from the past 24 hours.
10Find Amazon.com.au deals all year long
Browse Amazon deals all day, every day, where you can save on computers, electronics, home and kitchen supplies, sporting goods, and much more.
11Give a Gift Card
Not sure what to give someone for a special occasion? An Amazon.com.au Gift Card is the perfect solution. You can even personalise the cards with a photo or video of your loved ones.
12Buy with confidence
You can shop with peace of mind knowing that we stand behind the products sold in our stores, with our A-to-Z Guarantee. Amazon’s protection applies to products sold and fulfilled by a third-party seller. In the unlikely event that customers experience issues with timely delivery or the condition of their items once received, they can report the problem to our team and Amazon will determine if the customer is eligible for a refund.
For the 2023 holiday season, we have extended our returns window. Most of the items purchased between 1 November and 31 December 2023 can be returned for change of mind until 31 January 2024.